Join us on Saturday November 9th from 12noon to 4pm for “Salmon Science Expo” to celebrate the International Year of the Salmon. Visitors of all ages will investigate and appreciate wild salmon by exploring interactive displays, examining specimens, conducting experiments, and talking to scientists who are working to understand and protect wild salmon. Admission is free!
- Guided tours of the historic cannery at the top of every hour starting at 12 noon; last tour at 4pm
- Fishing history and salmon-themed films in the Boiler House Theatre (Salmon Run, Hiqw’ Stó:lō – the Big River, Journey Through Time, Ebb & Flow).
- BC Wildlife Federation
- Beaty Biodiversity Museum: Salmon specimens
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada: Salmon Life Cycle
- Fraser Basin Council and City of Vancouver Green Infrastructure Team: Salmon Safe BC
- Fraser River Discovery Centre: Water testing, Hiqw’ Stó:lō – the Big River
- Hakai Juvenile Salmon Program (UBC)
- Pacific Salmon Commission
- Pacific Salmon Foundation
- Stream of Dreams Murals Society: Art activity
Thanks to our participating groups: