Steveston has a wide variety of shops and businesses to find all of your holiday needs. From a garden shop, to toy store, bikes, sweets, stationery, vintage, and so much more; spend a day exploring the village and find one-of-a-kind gifts for all of your friends and family.
The Cannery’s gift shop is also a great place for holiday shopping. Find locally-themed items like giftware and clothing with First Nations designs, books on local history, and toys and home decor with maritime designs. There’s also canned salmon, tuna, and sturgeon (sustainably farmed on the Sunshine Coast!), all canned in BC’s last commercial cannery, St. Jeans in Nanaimo. Check out the Vancouver Christmas Guide’s holiday gift guide for more on the Cannery Store.
Here are some tips for shopping at the Cannery:
- Face masks are required inside the Cannery, including the gift shop.
- Capacity is limited to 50%; we ask for your patience as our staff will greet and advise if there is space to enter.
- From December 1 to 24, anyone who purchases min. $20 will receive a free can of salmon (while supplies last, one can per person).
- Gift receipts will be valid until January 31, 2022
- Please note the Cannery’s holiday hours: Open daily 10am to 5pm; closed early at 2pm on December 24. Closed December 25 to January 1.
- The gift shop will be closed in early January for inventory, during which no returns or exchanges can be processed. Please check our website or call for hours: 604.664.9009
Proceeds from the gift shop go toward the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society’s operating expenses. We are grateful for all of our visitors’ support. To further support the society, consider becoming a member, and receive 20% off regular-priced merchandise, all year round. Membership also includes free admission into the historic site, and free entry to our special seasonal events, including Steveston Festival of Trees, on display from December 1 to 24, 2021.