Join our team of dedicated volunteers who share their passion for history with visitors from all over the world!
Volunteer with the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society and expand your social network, gain valuable work experience, learn about the stories and history of the Cannery amidst picturesque Steveston and connect with your community.
Learn about some of the exciting opportunities — we are currently seeking help with:
- Cannery Farmers’ Market: Join the Cannery Farmers’ Market Team and help out through various opportunities during the season.
- Educational Programs Leader: Teach students about our Cannery and West Coast fishing industry through the various educational programs and tours we have to offer.
- Tour Guide: Deliver guided tours to visitors and facilitate visitor experience by providing information and answering questions about the history of the Cannery and West Coast fishing industry.
- Gift Shop: Help customers and maintain our diverse array of merchandise we have to offer.
- Oral History Interviewer: Help save the life stories from BC’s fishing and canning industry and interview and record the oral histories.
- Special Events: Be a part of exciting Cannery events and help facilitate them.
- Student/Youth Volunteers: gain leadership skills and experience in facilitating events, customer service, communication, and team building.
Apply to Volunteer
If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please fill out our application form and drop it off at:
Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site at 12138 Fourth Avenue or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more questions about our opportunities and volunteering with the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 604.664.9261 or email@example.com and we will be in touch.