FAQs & Policies
- Rental hours are 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- Take down and clean-up is the responsibility of the renter and must be completed by 11:15 pm.
- Rentals are generally not possible when the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Historic Site is open to the public.
Not included in rental fee:
- Damage deposit (100% of listed rental fee, refundable if no damage caused to building or contents during function)
- Cleaning fee (depending on area rented)
Additional charges will apply if:
- More than two staff are required during the event/function (for events larger than 100 people, additional staff required for each 1- 50 additional persons)
- Any special arrangements requiring extensive set up and /or removal of equipment or exhibits are required of site staff.
- Because the building and much of the contents are historic artefacts, decoration and signage for events is limited to freestanding items. No open flame (i.e. Candles) is allowed, with the exception of standard catering warming flames.
- Renter must obtain third party liability insurance, with a minimum $2,000,000 loss payable per claim.
- Renter must obtain required permits and/or licenses if alcoholic beverages are to be served on site
Rental Rates & Floor Plan
Venue rental rates and policies (PDF file) : Rental Info Kit
Cannery rental space floor plan (PDF file) : Main Cannery Floor Plan (Rentals)