Steveston IS the place to be this weekend! With Ships to Shore, Canada Day festivities, and the Salmon Festival taking place, you are guaranteed fun-filled days in Steveston.
Ships to Shore events at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery:
On Friday, June 29th and Saturday, June 30th, the Gulf of Georgia Cannery will be offering special tours, at the price of regular admission.
- On Friday and Saturday, at 10:00 am, 12:00pm, 3:00pm and 4:00pm, join our costumed interpreter in the new CAN you handle it? tour. Learn first-hand what it was like to be a Cannery worker.
- On Friday and Saturday, at 2:00pm, join Strolling Through Steveston, a walking tour which begins at the Cannery and weaves its way through a century of laughter and hardship in Steveston. Learn about the raucous heyday of the fishing village, tales of shady characters and uncover the hidden lives of the cannery workers and fishermen.
The Cannery, Canada Day and the Salmon Festival Parade:
- Join us in the morning for the annual Salmon Festival Parade, which will include the Cannery’s Sockeye Sock Hop! In the afternoon, complimentary cupcakes will be served at the Cannery, as part of the Canada Day celebrations.
- There will also be fun crafts and activities for kids! And don’t forget to stop by the Cannery Store and check out what’s new!
- And the best part of all, as a National Historic Site of Canada, the Gulf of Georgia Cannery will be offering FREE ADMISSION on July 1st!
Ships to Shore at Imperial Landing – June 29th to July 1st
- Free public viewing and on board tours of the Hawaiian Chieftain, HMCS Oriole tall ships and other notable sailing and historical vessels.
- Day sails on featured vessels (paid tickets required).
- Youth day camps and sails.
- Roving performers entertaining those waiting to go on board
- Expand the fun by visiting the Steveston Salmon Festival, one of the region’s most popular and longest running Canada Day celebrations on July 1. As an added attraction, this year’s carnival rides on the festival grounds will be open June 30 and July 1.