Do you like haunted tours? Want to learn how to talk like a pirate? Or find hidden treasure? How can salmon can labels tell you more about Canadian history? Well, you are in for a treat because the Cannery is offering all of these possibilities and more.
Here is what we have in store:
International Talk Like a Pirate Day – September 17-19:
- Enter yer best pirate phrase and win a chocolate treasure.
- X marks the Spot, kids participate in a Cannery treasure hunt for gold.
- Pirate crafts a-plenty.
October Culture Days – October 1 & 2:
- Culture Days are celebrated at public institutions across Canada. In its second year here in BC, this event raises awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of all Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities.
- Oct. 1st, 12 pm – 4 pm. Histories Revealed: Salmon Can Label Designs – Learn more about Canadian history through salmon can label designs over the past century.
- Oct. 2nd, 10 am – 4 pm. A Little Taste of Home – Tonari Gumi (Japanese Community Volunteers Association) will offer free sample tastings from their increasingly popular Japanese cook book.
Halloween Tours at the Cannery – October 29th & 30th:
- Our famous haunted tours at the Cannery will be offered over the weekend of October 29th and 30th.
- Five tours will run each day. They sell out every year, so sign up soon; contact the admission desk at: 604-664-9009