The increasingly popular Wild BC Seafood Fest will take place on Saturday, August 28th between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm at the Steveston Harbour Authority Fisherman’s Park (in front of the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site). This third annual celebration is a free outdoor public event to celebrate and enjoy wild BC salmon, sablefish and sardines!
Join members of BC’s commercial fishing industry and some of BC’s most acclaimed chefs and seafood experts as they demonstrate a variety of amazing wild BC seafood recipes and provide tips on buying, storing, preparing and even eating some of our favourite wild BC seafood. Plus sample their amazing creations and receive copies of the featured recipes to savour them at home!
Cooking demonstrations hosted by Kosta Zogaris with:
- Tojo (Owner and Executive Chef of Tojo’s Restaurant, Vancouver, BC)
- Neil Taylor (Executive Chef of Cibo Trattoria, Vancouver, BC)
- Stephen Wong (Vancouver journalist, food and beverage consultant and cookbook author)
Other event activities will guarantee fabulous fun and feasting for all:
- Free recipes
- Wild BC Seafood sampling and sales
- Market area with local producers
- Wild BC Seafood creations by local restaurants
- Live entertainment by Darren Specht & the Blues-Hawks
- Kids’ activities and more!
Wild BC Seafood Fest is presented by the Canadian Pacific Sardine Association, Canadian Sablefish Association and BC Salmon Marketing Council. The Canadian Pacific Sardine Association, Canadian Sablefish Association and BC Salmon Marketing Council are non-profit, legally constituted organizations representing permit holders in the management and marketing of their respective wild BC seafood fisheries.