‘Tis the season to celebrate with loved ones!
Are you wracking your brain for recipes to impress your family and friends at your holiday social? Or perhaps you are looking for something that incorporates the best of all worlds – easy to make, tasty to eat, and guests are left wanting more? Why not try smoke salmon and cucumber cups? Make no mistake, pairing fish and cucumber is a guaranteed winning combination!
The Gulf of Georgia Cannery store carries an array of smoked salmon brands, including Canadian Select and Saltspring’s The Fishery (my personal favourite).
Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Cups
- 2 medium cucumbers, about 1 inch diameter
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- cayenne pepper
- Peel cucumber; cut into 3/4-inch slices; using tiny spoon or scoop, form cucumber cup by scooping out seeds, leaving some flesh in base of cup; set aside.
- In medium-size bowl, flake smoked salmon, discarding skin and any bone; blend in sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Mound salmon into cucumber cups; sprinkle lightly with a few grains cayenne pepper; garnish with additional lime peel strips, if desired.
Read more at: food.com