Just in case dyed eggs aren’t your thing for the upcoming Easter weekend, there’s a more grown up alternative in these delectable deviled eggs. Brought to you by Fine Cooking – the Easter Bunny’s got enough on his plate!
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs
- 4 oz. cold-smoked salmon, very finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. minced red onion
- 2 Tbs. capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. packed finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
Peel and halve the eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks and crumble them into a medium bowl. Add the salmon, 3 Tbs. of the chives, the mayonnaise, onion, capers, lemon juice, zest, and 1/8 tsp. pepper and mix. Mound the filling into the egg whites. Garnish with the remaining 1 Tbs. chives and several grinds of black pepper.