Today’s recipe comes from Home Away From Home; the Vancouver Tonari Gumi Cookbook. This cookbook was assembled by the volunteers and members of the Japanese Community Volunteers Association, and copies are available for purchase in the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Store.
- 4 salmon fillets
- vegetable oil, as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp of green onions or chives, chopped
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp miso
- Preheat oven to a broil.
- Combine misonnaise sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Baste a little oil on salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil skin side first until cooked. Turn over and broil the other side.
- Spread misonnaise sauce on top of each fillet and broil again for only a minute or so, until surface browns slightly.
- Garnish with green onions or chives and serve.