To help celebrate the new recommendations, today’s recipe is a Spanish dish, besugo al horno, otherwise known as baked sea bream.
- 1 large bream or 2 small ones, about 1kg (cleaned but with the head on)
- 2 lemons (1 juiced and ½ cut in thin wedges)
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes , peeled, sliced and parboiled
- 1 tomato , sliced
- ½ red onion , sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 glass white wine or fino sherry
- Heat the oven to 400F. Make 2 diagonal slashes on one side of the fish and push a lemon wedge into each. Oil an oval ovenproof dish (earthenware is authentic). Put in the fish, cut-side up.
- Tuck the sliced potato, tomato, onion and bay leaves around the fish. Pour over the rest of the oil, the lemon juice and wine. Season well.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, basting occasionally. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes to crisp the fish and brown the potato edges.
Recipe source: BBC Good Food