Today’s Vancouver Sun offers the final installment of their “Shifting Seas” series. The series focuses on the current state of the West Coast fishery. To read the articles, click on the links below:
- “Big Picture Shows How Ocean Changes“: Two-day voyage shows how diversity and abundance of species off our coast reveal important changes in our marine ecosystem.
- “Quotas Net Results“: System that predetermines share of catch results in better care for the future, fisheries manager says.
- “Commercial Sockeye Salmon Fishing at Rock Bottom“: Fleet struggles to survive fuel costs and shrinking catches.
- “The War on Poaching“: Illegal activity reaches its peak during lucrative sockeye runs.
- “Something’s Often Fishy“: The fish you buy is not necessarily the one you thought you were getting.