Some of you may already have the swing of the holiday spirit in your step, while others may be tossing and turning in your sleep about it. Inevitably, it is becoming increasingly difficult to ignore – the storefronts are being decorated, the weather is getting cooler, the seasonal coffees are being advertised, and social planning for the holidays is underway. So now is the time to add the Cannery’s list of events to your calendars as there are some extra special festivities taking place in the month of December.
- December 1st – Christmas in Steveston – Santa is at the Cannery from 1:15pm to 3:15pm, so bring your kids and your cameras for this fantastic photo opportunity!
- December 1st to 23rd – Third annual Festival of Trees in partnership with the Steveston Merchants’ Association.
- December 2nd – Steveston Winter Market from 11am to 4pm.
- December 4th – National Capital exhibit opens – presented by the Emily Carr University of Art + Design in partnership with the David Suzuki Foundation, and the Ontario College of Art and Design University in Toronto.
- December 8th – 1st winter Music at the Cannery, featuring The Honeyflowers at 4:30pm. Admission is by donation. The Gulf of Georgia Cannery store will be open until 6pm for holiday shoppers. Members of the Cannery receive 20% off all store purchases.
- December 16th – Steveston Winter Market from 11am to 4pm
- December 18th and 19th – there will be filming inside the Cannery, please check ahead for hours of operation.
The Gulf of Georgia Cannery holiday hours are as follows:
- Open daily from 10am to 5pm
- Closed December 24 – 26th and December 31st – January 1st.
In December, bring a donation for the Richmond Food Bank and receive 2 for 1 admission into the Cannery.