That’s right, it’s time for this year’s installment of our annual photo contest, Fishing the West Coast! We hope you’ve been taking lots of amazing photos and that you’re as excited as we are about the contest.
Now is the time for you to send us any and all of your photos (maximum of 10 per person) taken in 2010 which have a connection to either the Cannery or fishing.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
1. Working the Gear (commercial fishing in action)
2. The Waterfront (docks, harbours, anchorages and shorelines)
3. Portraits (fishing friends, families, and co-workers)
4. Fish (fish in the oceans or rivers, fish habitat, catch)
5. Behind the Scenes (fish processing and handling in B.C. plants and canneries)
6. On the Water (sights and scenes, nature)
7. The Cannery (photos of the Cannery exterior, interior, or special events)
Photos may be submitted in either 8×10 prints (our preference) or high-resolution digital files (minimum 300dpi).
Please download an entry form or drop by the Cannery to pick one up, and send us your photos by August 6, 2010 to win!
If you have any questions, please email Karen.
We look forward to receiving your entries!