The Cannery is looking for volunteers to help us with exciting new summer programming!
Visitor Services Volunteer
Working under the supervision of the Public Programs Manager and the Volunteer Coordinator, the Visitor Services Volunteer will have the opportunity to meet people from around the world and to bring the history of BC’s fishing industry to life.
- Greeting visitors to the site
- Preparing and serving food samples to the public
- Educating the public on sustainability
- Marketing products, particularly seafood, to the public
- Providing information about the history of the Cannery and our programs
- Assisting with special events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Foodsafe Certificate
- Food preparation skills an asset
- An interest in local history, fishing and the fishing industry
- Public speaking experience is an asset
- Serving it Right Certificate an asset
Volunteers are asked to commit approximately 3 hours per week.
For further information, please contact:
D’Arcy Schuster, Volunteer Coordinator