Media

Media

For all Media inquiries, please contact:

Mimi Horita, Marketing & Visitor Services Manager
tel: 604.664.9006  email: mimi.horita@gogcannery.org

Promotional Image Requests

Requests for contemporary images of the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site may be sent to the Marketing & Visitor Services Manager Mimi Horita at email: mimi.horita@gogcannery.org

Historic Photo Database

Search our digitized historic photo collection. Over 5,000 images depict early Steveston and its residents, canneries along BC’s coast, including the Gulf of Georgia Cannery. For more information about the collection and how to purchase copies or obtain permission to use these images, contact the Collections Manager at heidi.rampfl@gogcannery.org.

CFC-3-15-2

About Us

The Gulf of Georgia Cannery is located in the fishing village of Steveston the largest commercial fishing port in Canada. The Cannery was built in 1894 and until 1902, was known as the “Monster Cannery” among more than 15 canneries that occupied cannery row on the Steveston waterfront. It is now a national historic site and home to a museum presenting the history of Canada’s West Coast fishing industry.

Established in 1986, the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society is an independent non-profit society and registered charity responsible for the operation of the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site of Canada on behalf of Parks Canada. Boasting over 250 members, the Society is governed by a board comprised of volunteer directors who bring together a wealth of expertise in community building, British Columbian history, heritage preservation, commercial fishing, business practice, education, and fundraising.

Site by: departmentofpublicimage.com